Path Unbound, an online design school making UI/UX and Visual Design education accessible and approachable for learners across the globe, is currently hiring for part-time instructors.
We are a women-founded design ed start up striving to provide comprehensive education to learners seeking to change careers or begin a career in the world of design. Our School of Design program offers two tracks to prospective students—School of UI/UX Design and School of Visual Design—so that learns can choose what areas best align with their desired career track. We also have a focused portfolio intensive program for learners coming to us with a design education background who want to build a portfolio of their best work.
In September 2023 we will be launching version 3.0 of our curriculum, which has been architected and developed by experienced design educators. We are seeking to hire a handful of part-time instructors ahead of our September launch.
Our design instructors will be expected to complete training in our design curriculum and instructor methods in order to independently conduct weekly one-on-one instruction sessions with enrolled Path Unbound students. Instructor sessions include:
- Reviewing and answering technical questions about Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Assisting students with their understanding of the design process from research and ideation to high-fidelity design
- Providing constructive feedback on student exercises and design work
- Providing students with insights, references, and inspiration upon request
Teaching experience is not required. Ample support will be provided to ensure you are comfortable and prepared for your instruction sessions.
- Minimum 4 years of working design experience
- Mastery of Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign
- Knowledgable about the design industry and current design trends
- Organized and able to time-manage well
- Patient, understanding, friendly and open-minded demeanor
- Possess the desire to share knowledge and nurture developing students
Nice to Haves
- Design Education or Mentorship experience
- Senior-level or Art Director-level experience
Our interview process has been designed to be efficient and to not take up too much of the applicants’ time. The process includes:
- 15 minute introductory phone screening (1:1)
- 45 minute initial round where the applicant will be expected to show some of their design work and answer some interview questions (1:1)
- 45 minute final round where the applicant will be provided a simple subject to “teach” to the interviewers with immediate feedback provided (2:1)
Expected hours and hourly rate
Our instructors have the ability to select their own weekly hours. A minimum of 4 hours per week commitment is requested of all part-time instructors and more is possible.
Part-time instructor pay is $60/H
If interested, please apply below.